Shredding services near me: Houghton, MI where we service over 25 customers here!
Shredding Services in Houghton, MI
The economy of Houghton, MI employs 3.25k people. The largest industries in Houghton, MI are Educational Services (1,203 people), Accommodation & Food Services (408 people), and Health Care & Social Assistance (242 people), and the highest paying industries are Transportation & Warehousing, & Utilities ($91,563), Transportation & Warehousing ($71,000), and Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, & Mining ($53,636). – Source
We service 25+ locations in Houghton, MI. Let us help your location!
Identity Theft is one of the fastest-growing crimes in America today. To protect yourself and business have Country Mile Document Destruction that is NAID certified shred your sensitive documents at an affordable price.
It’s the law!
- Sensitive Medical Documents that need to be destroyed?
- The federal government passed the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) privacy law in 1996 to put safeguards in place when destroying your patients’ records and if not done properly can lead to hefty fines.
- Sensitive Information on your Hard Drive?
- The federal government passed the CFAA (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act) in 1984. Just deleting the info from the hard drive of your computer is not enough. The drive’s platters have to be rendered un-spinnable in order for the data to be really destroyed.
- Do sensitive Financial Documents need to be disposed of?
- The GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) was passed to set up guidelines and restrictions for financial institutions like banks and credit unions to govern how they handle their client’s documents.
- Do you know when you have to shred your documents?
- Due to the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002, you are governed for how long you have to retain your documents before you can shred them. Do you know if document retention times apply to you?
- Commercial Document Destruction
- FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act) was created so that all businesses of each type are required to follow their guidelines on how to protect and properly dispose of sensitive or personal client data such as social security numbers, account numbers, etc.
If you need our services in Houghton you can reach us at 906-753-9905 Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm CST.