Paper shredding near me: Ironwood, MI where we service over 8 customers here!
Ironwood, MI Shredding Services
The economy of Ironwood, MI employs 2.23k people. The largest industries in Ironwood, MI are Manufacturing (391 people), Retail Trade (325 people), and Health Care & Social Assistance (297 people), and the highest paying industries are Public Administration ($51,316), Educational Services ($44,821), and Utilities ($38,750). – Source
We service 8+ locations in Ironwood, MI. Let us help your location!
Identity Theft is one of the fastest-growing crimes in America today. To protect yourself and business have Country Mile Document Destruction that is NAID certified shred your sensitive documents at an affordable price.
What type of documents should be properly shredded by law?
- Medical Documents
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) privacy law in 1996 to put safeguards in place when destroying your patients’ records and if not done properly can lead to hefty fines.
- Financial Documents
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) was passed to set up guidelines and restrictions for financial institutions like banks and credit unions to govern how they handle their client’s documents.
- Commercial Documents
- FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act) was created so that all businesses of each type are required to follow their guidelines on how to protect and properly dispose of sensitive or personal client data such as social security numbers, account numbers, etc.
- Timed Documents
- Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002, you are governed for how long you have to retain your documents before you can shred them. Do you know if document retention times apply to you?
- Documents on your hard drive
- CFAA (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act) in 1984. Just deleting the info from the hard drive of your computer is not enough. The drive’s platters have to be rendered un-spinnable in order for the data to be really destroyed.
What can be shredded?
- Paper Clips
- Magnetic media
- CDs and DVDs
- Hard drives
- ID badges
- And more
If you need shredding services in Ironwood you can reach us at 906-753-9905 Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm CST.